Friday, April 13, 2012

Mike's Point

I was going through some of my older underwater photographs...most of my older shots (and a bunch of my new stuff) were lost when my Drobo failed. This one, for some reason, I had an extra copy of....and I am glad I did. I have always liked this shot. This was taken at Mike's Point in Raja Ampat....named after my buddy, Max's son. I have dived this spot countless times. Usually, the current is raging....and I mean really raging. During WWII, the Americans bombed this little rock thinking it was a ship moving through the water...in reality it was just the current passing around the rock...that's how strong it usually is. However, on this day, the current was slack, so I was able to compose my shots of the reef much easier. With the morning sun coming down through the water, it lit just a small portion of the reef which I lit further with my strobes...Not many others really like this shot, but it is special to me...


2 comments:

Mr. Charleston said...

magnificent

Memphis Painters said...

Grateful for you writing this blog